Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 14-af112nr
Unknown

I got this laptop from my sister, so I'm not entirely sure what could've went wrong with it in her care. Her house did flood so maybe the computer was plugged in as that happened? I've checked the voltage of both the charger itself and the power jack, both of which produce the correct 19V to the motherboard. Knowing that the battery, charger, and power jack are all in working order, I'm not sure what to check for next, as my knowledge does not extend that far. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

When you attach the charger do any leds come on (the charging led)?

When you hit power button do any leds come on, any sign of life?

next would be to open the pc and leave only essential parts for boot. ac adapter, ram and power button and see if it gives and sign of life.

Service manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04764000

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

There are no LEDs when I connect the charger, but I am sure that the charger and power jacks work from extensive testing. I have tried removing all unnecessary connections to see if it would turn on. There are no signs of life at all from that. Also, as far as I know, the ram is not removable.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.