08-15-2019 11:08 AM
On the HP website it was adviced to upgrade the BIOS (sp96949.exe) for my HP 15-bs106nb. Everything went well, first reboot was succesfull and de BIOS update started.
The second stage were the screen could blink didn't start. I waited for 30 minutes and still hard no activity and nothing on the screen.
Since then it's only a black screen.
All the tricks with "windows + V" & Windows + B didn't work.
Also the external use of an external USB didn't work.
What are my other options?
08-18-2019 10:44 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
This sounds like a corrupted BIOS issue. I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Firstly, run Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8 (if the computer doesn't start up/power on you can skip the next step)
Next step, BIOS default:
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee