Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-dy0025tg
Microsoft Windows 11

I bought this laptop from Target about 2 weeks ago and it worked perfectly fine until yesterday when it wouldn't want to boot anymore after shutting the lid. It was running and everything was working before I shut the lid and after that all it would do when I press the power butting is flash the screen white once like it's turning on and then back off instantly. The power light would also come on with the screen for a second and turn off too. I have no idea what's wrong with it but it does seem to be charging with the orange indicator light. Any help or recommendations would be gladly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ItsBrianDuong,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

Because you have a brand-new laptop purchased from a national merchandise retailer, I would pursue Target's product warranty before filing a manufacturer's (HP) claim.

Brace yourself to face corporate dysfunctionality and a disagreeable warranty claim process.

Anyway, when you select File a Claim on Target’s website, you’ll be redirected to SquareTrade, here: Target Service Page | Allstate Protection Plans (squaretrade.com).

To file a Target warranty claim, you’ll need the following:

1.) Proof of purchase
2.) Details about your product
3.) Your damaged/defective product

So, after you have compiled all the information you need, follow the steps below to file a warranty claim:

1.) Visit SquareTrade
2.) Click on File a Claim
3.) Select File New Claim
4.) Type in the email address you provided when you purchased the item
5.) Click on Set up My Account or log in to your existing account
6.) Follow further steps to file your claim

Good luck.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.