Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (140 Views)

HP 15 no power on

Product Name: 151004dx
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help!!!!!!

My computer has lost is ability to transfer those little ones and zero's into an image on it's one eye.

I have completed the reset - remove power adapter - remove battery - (No Beats Button) - hold power for 10 sec.

replace batery - connect power adapter - press power button..................................nothing...........................

I do notice the tiny led next to the ac power port flashes a couple of times, but still nothing.

Thank You in Advance.

Dave

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 4 (116 Views)

Re: HP 15 no power on

Greetings @No1sTech,

I hope you will enjoy your experience on the HP Support Forums! I see by your post that the computer won't start. I would like to help.

Try these steps listed in these documents that you haven't tried already to see if they will resolve this issue: 

If you appreciate the help, click the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up". Please keep me posted. Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (113 Views)

I often wonder if HP support personel actually read what people write on here, and how frustrating it is when your HP computer decides it won't do anything, and you get a reply to something you have already performed, or the reply does not apply to how your computer is acting.

No power on means no LEDs, no hard drive spin up, no way to access the BIOS, just a black screen with no responce to the power button being pressed except the little green LED near the power input port, and it only flashes three times, then nothing.

Troubleshooting No LED Lights Glow During Startup or Boot.

I don't know how this would apply to my issue, just by the title i can deduct the computer boots.

Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot. 

Once again this fix refers to a computer that boots up, but no LED's light.

let me explain in simple terms:

The computer will not POST, that means it will not Power On Self Test, or you now own a brick.

I have performed HP's fix, remove power, remove battery, press power button till the cows come home, connect power, no battery....... powers up like a brick.

Also,

remove power, remove battery, press power button till the cows come home. connect power, with battery....... still powers up like a brick. 

Laymans terms - poweres up like a brick = NO POST.

Hope you all have a great day.

Retired
Message 4 of 4 (102 Views)

Hi @No1sTech,

As I had said in the previous post to try the steps listed in the document that you haven't already tried.

Since you have done all the troubleshooting and you still can't turn the Laptop on, then it will need to be serviced.

The document states if the LEDs do not glow, and there are no other indicators of power being available to the computer, contact HP for technical assistance in troubleshooting a potential problem with the AC power connection or the system board.

Here is the link for contacting HP: Phone Assist Worldwide.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation