Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15t (4HL43HV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC stopped working today - fails proper Windows boot

and starts to "Boot Device Not Found"  ,  Hard Disk (3f0) error.   the msg on the screen says go to  says to go to hp.com/techcenter/go/startup   where I can confirm that this might be a known issue with optane memory per this support link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06201699

but stepping through the steps I get to the point where it says in my case - write down the error msg and go to Hp.com/support for further help - but I'm 10 months outside the 12 month warranty - so that does me know good. 

Here's some other clues: 

selecting f2 (Sys Diag) from the aforementioned error screen  - the Hard Drive fails both quick and full diag test - reporting:

"No hard drive installed.  Please check that the power and data cables are connected properly"

booting to Bios Config Utility (f10) and navigating to Sys Config>Intel Rapid Storage Technology

I get report:

"Incomplete Optane volume"

I opened the case - and reseated connx for hard drive and Optane memory to no avail. 

Running quick check hard drive results in a Failure - 

Failure ID:  GUWFX-9AS901-XD722K-60T003

The failure ID for the full check has a different number

help docs suggest giving that ID to HP Support - but my PC is 10 months out of warranty. so can't contact support

Does the Optane issue mean that its not the hard drive but the Optane memory which is the prob??   

I'm stuck in an endless loop where I'm out of warranty - and when I follow the debugging steps that support has loaded - I always get to a point in the flow chart where I have to contact Support - but they don't want to hear from an out of date pc 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I opened the PC - reseated the Optane chip (Intel Optane M10  16GB chip) and the hard drive (1TB Seagate) - but everything seemed fine - and all the problems/messages remain the same after putting it back together

HP Recommended

@mexicali This Failure ID:  GUWFX-9AS901-XD722K-60T003 seems to be a result of an interrupted test, since I'm unable to decipher the same, I request you to run an extensive hardwre test instead and get back to me with the results:

Install the latest version of the HP Hardware diagnostics (UEFI) on your device using this link: Click here for details

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  • On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
  • Click Extensive Test.
  • Click Run once, or Loop until error.
  • While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component display on the screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) for when you respond back to us.

If the tests pass, click here to troubleshoot further & here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  The PC now intermittently will launch Windows - so was able to download the new HP Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) and run the Extensive System Test -  the result was a Pass - but as you will see from the attached screen shot - all four Hard Drive tests were "unavailable" .   

I cannot click on the Test Log and get any text results.

Look forward to your next step of advice. 

Thank youCapture.PNG

HP Recommended

@mexicali Most likely an intermittent failure, and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.

I am also resending the screenshot with the extensive test that got flagged and not passed on.     The test took only about 15 mins to complete because four of the tests in hard drive world didn't get run (not available)....          not sure why that earned a "passing" grade - since everything didn't pass!

Intermittent - The PC has only launched windows twice in several days - and both times running very slow - the first time it crashed after only a few minutes and upon launch an app warned of Intel Optane Memory issue .  So I'm still stuck. 

Thank you for your continued help.

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

hmmm not sure why the screen shot of the extensive test report got flagged the second time - but 3 times is a charm I hopeCapture1.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.