cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP 250 G7 won't boot--Warning on SSD DST test

HP Recommended
HP 250G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 250 G7 that won't boot.  I can get into the UEFI diagnostics and run a DST check and it give me a Warning but little other information.  Not a failure.  I took off the back cover to see if there is a loose cable and the SSD is one of those tiny PCI deals, and it plugs right into a socket on the MB, which is pretty sweet if it works but it doesn't!

What can I do besides ordering a new SSD and reloading Windows?  If I do have to reload Windows can I somehow recover my registration key?  Is there any way to recover the data on the drive?

If it was a regular SSD on SATA I would just plug it into another computer and see if I can mount the drive...but I'm at a loss here.  This is new to me.

Thank you in advance

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation