cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP 250 G7 won't boot--Warning on SSD DST test

HP Recommended
HP 250G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 250 G7 that won't boot.  I can get into the UEFI diagnostics and run a DST check and it give me a Warning but little other information.  Not a failure.  I took off the back cover to see if there is a loose cable and the SSD is one of those tiny PCI deals, and it plugs right into a socket on the MB, which is pretty sweet if it works but it doesn't!

What can I do besides ordering a new SSD and reloading Windows?  If I do have to reload Windows can I somehow recover my registration key?  Is there any way to recover the data on the drive?

If it was a regular SSD on SATA I would just plug it into another computer and see if I can mount the drive...but I'm at a loss here.  This is new to me.

Thank you in advance

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation