01-03-2018 04:17 AM
I have a 255 G6 notebook with amd a6 9220 and 8GB of ram.
The notebook restarts around 1 time a week, usually under heavy cpu load.
Using Whocrashed I was able to look at the crashdump and found this:
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF9585BE6FD8F8, 0x0, 0x0)
Because the error suggests that it may be heat related, I tried configuring the max cpu power in windows power management to 95% and then to 85%, but that didn't help (the max cpu speed was 2.3 and 1.9ghz this way, instead of 2.9). Also nothing is blocking the vents in any way, and the laptop is only a few months old, so it's not clogged with dust.
Updated the bios to latest version a week ago, problem still persists.
Also did a mem. check when the system starts a while ago that also didn't return any issues.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)