03-29-2011 11:57 PM - edited 03-30-2011 12:56 AM
My HP DV5 1106AX Laptop boots into Vista Home runs for some time (10 to 15 mins), then hangs with Black Screen.
After pressing the Power button for some time (forcibly powering off) it shuts down.
Again pressing the Power button shows no activity only Caps and Num lights flash continously after a gap of 2 secs.
I reffered the support page for LED Blink codes, but my problem is LEDs blinking goes on and on..... while the support page lists for 5 blinks.
One more interesting thing... My laptop again successfully boots if i kept it idle for more than 12 or more hours and then again freezes with blank screen within 10 mins.
Tried everything like removed Battey, pressed power key for 30secs, reinstalled Memory and Hard drives...... But the problem still there.
Any ideas ???
02-23-2012 08:16 AM
i have the same laptop with the same problem.....the motherboard has gone bad and you need to get it replaced.....im looking for a motherboard but one for the AMD isnt available.....have u had any luck?
10-05-2012 07:13 AM
try installing a new BIOS above i hv psted i a link download it and install it and the problem is solved
12-10-2013 05:36 PM
Hope this could help.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)