Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY - 13-aq0000na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, I just got my laptop back from repair which I booked with HP as to sort out manufacture faults of the laptop.

All the faults are fixed so I was happy with the repair..that’s until I turned it on and now the laptop boots up Boot Device Not Found 3F0 error.. which doesn’t seem to be great. (My ssd was perfectly fine before repair, so I’m quite worried if the repair of laptop made another fault...)

I have tried lots of things to sort this out but weirdly the laptop was able to boot into windows but ONLY for one hour and hasn’t done it since...

I have attached some images to illiterate my problem.

The first is the error I get when booting up the computer.
Second is the first test that indicates that hard drive (SSD should be) isn’t even installed.

Lastly, the third image which is the second test and also has a different interface, says the SSD is ok (quick test). 

so I’m honestly so confused as to what’s wrong with my laptop? I will be calling HP tomorrow soon as I can but I just won't understand why I am getting two different outcomes.

Also, recovery (built-in and as well as external USB) doesn’t work. I can’t even reinstall windows since it’s telling me there aren’t any drives on my laptop?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Weirdly I can’t post the images on this forum. So I provided a imgur link that has three images I am talking about, I appreciate for anyone can give advice about it.

https://imgur.com/a/5FNYdgh

HP Recommended

@Usmano

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Step 1: Perform a hard reset  (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 
  • Step 2: Restore BIOS default settings
  • Step 3: Test the hard drive using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics
  • Step 4: Reseat the hard drive
  • Step 5: Perform an HP System Recovery
  • Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01443463 to complete the troubleshooting steps. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.