Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m7-j120dx 1965-110 E8A11UA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The BIOS on my laptop shows to be F.71

The problem is that the HP support site shows the latest version to be F.70

I don not know how my version is higher than the latest release. So, I am trying to update my BIOS to the F.70 version. However, the automatic version of the bios upgrade will not work, I assume because my version is higher than the one I am trying to load. I also tried the USB drive version. It is also not working. How can I change the BIOS to a lower version? What method do I use?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Jenu85

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• 1-Immediately after powering on hold/tap the Esc key.
  • 2-When the Menu Appears, tap F2 for System Diagnostics.
  • 3-In the list of items will be BIOS or Firmware Management. Use the arrow key to move down & highlight it. Press Enter key.
  • 4-You should now have a Rollback BIOS option. Use arrow key again to highlight and press Enter key.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help.

I followed your steps and I got this message when trying the rollback: "The System BIOS update failed       Unable to open BIOS Signature file".

What do I do now?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Here are the pictures from the failed rollback:

20201003_153847.jpg20201003_153906.jpg

What's the next move? I also tried to do it as a BIOS update rather than a rollback. Same result - Unable to open BIOS Signature file. I also tried to use a USB stick. The result is the same.

Thanks for the help

HP Recommended

@Jenu85

Thank you for posting back.

Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue,
I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to flash the BIOS file. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.