Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY13 I5 8G 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP ENVY13 I5 8G 360 is 2/3 years old. I always keep it on the desk with my other HP's,  there on the same line so if any serges they would all be damaged however I have a cutoff just incase. However yesterday it was on and literally just went off, lost power and wouldn't reboot. Ive spoken to HP, all they can offer is follow online instructions. I have do all the usual unplug, hold power, tried a combination of startups and pressing other buttons. Nothing works. I have tried multiple chargers, nothing works. When you plug it in the port lights up and thats it. The battery is built in so it cant be removed. Only thing I can think is theres been a fault on the board or a chips gone. Has anyone else had any similar problems?

Also Admin if its in the forums area please move to the correct section thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Britishgoose01 Greetings from the HP Community!

I suggest you check with another wall outlet, excluding any surge protectors to check if it works?

While you respond to that, here's the best way to resolve the issue, using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP GUIDE

(simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

If the above doesn't help or the steps are insufficient, check the below steps:

Let's start with a hard reset of your notebook computer before you try any other troubleshooting steps.

Reasons for a hard reset

A hard reset has the following effects:

• Clears the memory.

• Reestablishes the connection between the BIOS and the hardware

The following conditions can be helped by the hard reset:

• Windows stop responding.

• The display suddenly goes blank.

• The computer does not wake from sleep or hibernate modes.

• Software applications freeze or fail to respond.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've tried all the basics and the common sense stuff. Had no joy. Tbh usually with my laptop I'd usually open it and do it Myself but not with this 1. Any ideas?

HP Recommended

@Britishgoose01
Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue  This sounds like hardware related issue with the computer as it's not powering on. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I already have done, they wernt very helpful, they went through the common issues, then all the reset issues....I had to explain the battery is built in then explained the issue and problems, all they said is either send it to them and it will cost a fortune, or go to a shop and I do not trust shops because they are thieves and if I take it to a repair shop it will be taken in to the back, it will guaranteed be a minor problem, they may mess or remove parts and say theres more damage. If theres been a serge few parts will need replacing but I don't really want to do it myself not on this model however if I have to I will, I was just hoping others would have had similar problems

HP Recommended

@Britishgoose01
Thank you for posting back.

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

it just out of warrenty...they told me they cant help further and take it to a shop

HP Recommended

@Britishgoose01 If you've already checked with multiple chargers among others and it doesn't start, you are right, this is most likely the motherboard or the DC connector that connects the charger to the battery, you can replace the DC connector for starters, as its cheaper compared to replacing the motherboard, the part numbers and the replacement procedure is mentioned in the service and maintenance guide, here's what should help you get this sorted: (check page. 40 Chapter 5 Removal and replacement procedures)

if you wish to replace the part on your own, you may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, and If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.