Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My envy x 360 screen won't wake up after timing out. I have tried the mousepad, keyboard & touching the screen but nothing will wake it up. The only way to wake it up has to been to turn it off and back on which is annoying since it closes everything. How can I fix this issue? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@kre22,

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not waking up from sleep mode.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. In Windows, search for and open Troubleshoot.

Search for Troubleshoot

2. In the Find and fix other problems area, click Power, and then click Run the troubleshooter.

Clicking Run the troubleshooter button in the Power troubleshooting tool

A Detecting Issues window displays while Windows detects and attempts to fix any issues.

Detecting issues progress bar in the Power troubleshooting tool

3. After troubleshooting is complete, close the troubleshooter, or click Explore additional options if needed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi! Thank you for trying to help but unfortunately, that did not fix anything & when I did troubleshoot for the power and nothing was needed to be changed. If you have any other ideas please let me know! 

HP Recommended

@kre22

I understand your concerns.

Please follow the below steps: 

Step 1: Enabling the Keyboard in Windows 

Skip this step if the computer does not enter sleep mode or if the computer wakes unexpectedly. 

Follow these steps to enable your keyboard to wake your computer from sleep mode: 

1. In Windows, search for and open the Device Manager. 

2. Click the arrow next to Keyboards and double-click the name of your keyboard. 

3. If the Power Management tab is available, proceed to the next step. 

If the Power Management tab is not available, click the Change Settings button if it appears below the Device status box. The same Keyboard Properties window opens with the Power Management tab available. 

If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. 

1. Click the Power Management tab and make sure that the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer is checked. 

2. Click OK, and then test to make sure that the keyboard can now wake the computer. If the computer still cannot wake from sleep mode, continue using these steps. 

3. For instructions on how to update the BIOS of your computer, see one of the following HP support documents: Updating the BIOS (Notebooks) 

For more steps, please Click here 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hi!

So unfortunately, I do not have a tab/button for power management or change settings. So I am at a loss for what else to do.

HP Recommended

@kre22

At this point I suggest you perform a Reset and let me know if that helps

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.