4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY x2 11-g001eo Not booting

HP ENVY x2 11-g001eo
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

This is quite the long shot since it's a old notebook but

the thing isn booting it gives me the amber charging icon then turns white after a full charge I press the power button and no sign of life,it did once hive a sign of life when I pressed it the notebook would vibrate for a sec,but it stopped doing that,not sure if I'm doing hard reset right (unplug it all inc. dock,hold 15 seconds power button ) hope you guys can help me with this don't seem to be finding much info about it

6 REPLIES 6
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,685 22,642 1,899 3,017
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Rosavanwinkle

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher, is at your service (Like a Genie, however, without magic powers) 😉 

Long shots are welcome, that said, since you aren't sure if your doing it right, let's start with the steps to hard reset as advised by HP: Click here for details.

That said, I recommend you check with an alternate power adapter, wall outlet and another power cord, if available to ensure the device is working fine.

Also, if the issue persists, I would like to know if you are able to enter the BIOS, when you tap on F10 during a restart? let me know, because if it isn't getting there either, we may be looking at a hardware malfunction.

Let me know how that pans out

I will have a colleague follow-up on this to ensure it's taken care off,

as I need to know if the issue has been resolved, to get proper sleep at night.

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge, and have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Rosavanwinkle
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for your reply,

i have tried to hard reset it but that was inaffective sadly,I also do not have a extra power cable 

and since the screen stays black and there is no sign of life I think it won't turn on at all and I can't go into bios

i tried charging both the x2 dock and the tablet seperatly but also not working,only sign of life I get is the amber light on the charger and a white light when it's fully  charged

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Rosavanwinkle

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

It's great to have you back 😉

The hard reset was aimed towards releasing the excessive static and the fact that it didn't work, i agree, is sad!

Although, on the brighter side, we know that the device is charging, considering the amber light turns white when its fully charged, so the power cables and the adapter seems fine, however, there could be a faulty charging port or the motherboard, that's one reason it isn't getting you a display.

That said, the best way forward is to check the instructions on my private message as that should lead you to the next level:

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

(The reason we are utilizing the private message now, is because the instructions are critical).

Keep me posted,

For I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, if you don't get back to us 😉 

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Rosavanwinkle
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I apologise for such a long waiting responds,but yes can you please PM me with the details of what i need to do? ty 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Rosavanwinkle Better late than never, that said, I seem to have already sent out the PM as well, and I'm afraid it contained information on contacting HP as it seems to have confirmed a hardware malfunction if the steps performed didn't resolve the issue, and here's the details again:

Follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Rosavanwinkle
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply,

the problem is this notebook is out of warranty,idk if HP can do anything for me ....

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation