cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP ENVY x360-13-ag0502sa Isn't charging when plugged in but a charging light is showing up for 4 sec

HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 13-ag0502sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a "HP ENVY x360 - 13-ag0502sa" I purchased it in august of 2019 (out of warranty now), minimal use, occasional streaming of football or rugby games  and internet shopping.

I've gone to turn it on today after about a month of not using it to do some internet shopping and it hasn't turned on which is understandable. Plugged it in and the charging light came on for about 4 seconds then went off. Checked the plug and the charger, and tried a different power source in a USB-C charger and the same thing happens. 

I have read through multiple threads and attempted multiple solutions, holding down the power button for 10 seconds then trying to charge it, holding the power button down for 30 seconds to try drain any power that is still in the battery. 

So i have a completely flat battery in my laptop and its not charging. 

Any advice welcome. 

4 REPLIES 4
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update, i got the laptop to a point where it was charging last night, so now it's fully charged.

I was getting it to attempt to post every now and again by pressing the power button repeatedly, it came on to the HP Logo about 5 times and said that it was entering recovery mode.

I also got it into a recovery mode test once (picture attached) but it then turned it's self off at about 19% way though the test.

Still any help appreciated. 

20210103_101643.jpg

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,931 27,916 1,852 2,489
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@shanghi

I reviewed your post and I understand that the battery is not getting charged correctly.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager.

Here is how you do it.

Step 1: Click the Windows “Start” button and right-click “Computer.”

Step 2: Click “Manage,” then “Device Manager.”

Step 3: Click the “Batteries” section. A list of devices will appear.

Step 4: Right-click the “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery” device and click “Uninstall.”

Step 5: Click the “Action” menu item and “Scan for Hardware Changes” to reinstall the driver.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there I'll try updating the BIOS when I get home from work tonight and get back to you. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,931 27,916 1,852 2,489
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@shanghi

Sure! Let me know how it goes.

Take Care!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation