Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 13-bd0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Last night my 3 month old HP Envy x360 was stuck in a blue screen of death boot loop, I received multiple different stop codes upon crashing, I received:

• KERNAL_BOOST_INVALID_LOCK
  • PAGE_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
  • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Upon entering the Windows Recovery Environment, I fiddled with some options and eventually got the laptop to fully start up with no issues, now however I am plagued with several new ones. 

Firstly, the boot times are very high, upwards of 15 minutes sometimes, before my boot times were in the realm of 20 seconds or less. The laptop's fan is constantly running at all times, beforehand it only ran while I was using the laptop for something specifically demanding. When finally booting and signing in, the laptop is incredibly slow and sluggish, programs take ages to load, the mouse lag behind my movements on the touchpad and the laptop's audio weather through speakers or headphones is crackling and laggy. 

For fixes, so far I have: 

• Booted in safe mode, when booted in safe mode the laptop runs as it did before with no issues. Unfortunately upon returning to the normal desktop, the issues return.
  • Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic, which reported no issues for the RAM. 
  • For the crackling audio specifically, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver to no effect.

Is there any way to fix these issues? A day ago the laptop was running perfectly fine with no issues and is brand new, and only a few months old. I would ideally like to be able to fix this without having to take the laptop in for repairs. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@qbmax

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that your notebook is stuck in the BSOD loop, I am glad to assist you.

As you have tried most of the troubleshooting steps already, try to perform system recovery and check if that works.

Here are the steps to perform system recovery:- Click here

If the issue persists, this might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Keep me posted.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.