Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 - 15m-cn0011dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my HP ENVY x360 - 15m-cn0011dx will not turn on. When the power button is pressed there are no signs of life, the power light doesn't turn on and I can't hear anything starting up inside the computer. However, the charger light does come on when the laptop is plugged in. The light displays a solid white color with no blinking of any sort. When I press the power button this charger light begins to slowly blink about once every 3 seconds continually. This leads me to believe that the laptop is still detecting the power button being pressed, but can't seem to start up the computer. I've already tried the hard reset by unplugging the charger and holding the power button for 30 seconds, then replugging in the charger and attempt startup with no success. The battery cannot be manually removed without opening up the laptop and removing its screws. I get the feeling this is not a solution meant to be done just at home but I'd like to weigh all my options before taking it in/buying a new one.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

he charger light does come on when the laptop is plugged in. The light displays a solid white color with no blinking of any sort. When I press the power button this charger light begins to slowly blink about once every 3 seconds continually. 

This "slow blinking" leads me to think that the power-supply is signalling that it is not working correctly.

Can you take your power-brick and computer to the store that sold the HP computer to you, and connect your computer to one of the store's power-bricks, to see if that lamp blinks at all, or only blinks when you try to power-on your computer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.