Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hdjakbsk
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Elite Book Folio 9470m won't boot ugh!

HP Recommended
HP ELITEBOOK FOLIO 9470M
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Alright so the problem is as follows, recently my laptop was giving me a few issues so I downloaded the hp software that is supposed to help. Well it didn't do that it bricked my machine.

It recommended a bios upgrade, and seeing as I do not like updating bios I went to chat with the support team, not very supportive as they told me to update my bios.

I downloaded the file clicked install followed the steps and it restart.... has not turned on since.

Stats:
Windows 7 enterprise 64bit (work laptop, for the most part lol)
Last know bios from 2012

What's happening:
When attempting to boot the system the screen is black, the power logo illuminates, caps lock blinks, wifi logo solid yellow, power logo solid white. The fans ramp up and do not stop, the power led won't turn on even if it's on the charger.

Yup. FML.

2 REPLIES 2
Hdjakbsk
Author
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update let me clarify, 5 blinks with scroll lock and caps lock(long pause between each blink), then fans ramp up, now I have power led wifi led and disc drive led all illuminated. But no caps lock or scroll lock led blinking after the 5 blinks. 

I pulled the cmos battery and the battery out of the laptop, waited..... and now plugged them in.

Will keep you guys updated if anything changes.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Hdjakbsk
Author
Level 1
6 5 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Back to blinking a bunch on caps lock nowhere else fans on full blast. 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation