Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook FOLIO 1040 G1
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi!

I recently bought a new laptop, i'm very happy with it and it works fine!

Although, now i need to access the BIOS Password, something that the previously owner dont recall setting ( A School )

Does anyone know any way to reset/recover the BIOS password to this model, without buying a new motherboard/BIOS Chip or ''Contact HP Support, because they probably need a proof that it's not stolen?

I didnt get any receipt from the School that they've bought it,

Anyone got any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @OskarB98

Welcome to the HP Support forum.

I am afraid that there is no other options other than HP Support for business.

Most business class notebooks (including yours Elitebook and Probook) have better security. You will have to contact HP Support for assistance on removing the password.

Here is how >> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/business-support.html

HP Business support should be able to send you a customised SMC.bin file and instructions which you can use  to reset the password. I am sure they do not need any kind of proof - just be somewhat pushy. In order to generate this BIN file they will need your serial number, product number, UUID, etc... found in the startup menu (F1) .

Hope this helps. Let me know if you face any issues.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

How much is this going to cost, if you know?

HP Recommended

I do not officially represent HP and I cannot comment but I believe it should be free of charge - so, 0 $

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Okay! Thank you 🙂

HP Recommended

You are welcome.

Once you contact them, once you provide the with details about the PC, the first agent will escalate the issue to higher level of support. Eventually, you should receive the file via email but note that it may take severa hours to several days until you receive it. You will also receive instructions how to use it. In case of issues, just be somewhat pushy or let me know.

HP Recommended

My SHop Name is Computer Tek 

I m buying 500 Laptops For Differents Brands and Differents Models So some MOdels  Haves Bios Admnistrator Password So PLz Tellme   How TO reset bios admnistrator password 

first of all you tell me  How to open bios password on Hp Folio 1040 G1

HP Recommended

Plz sEND me link and help me because i m open the bios administrator password

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.