1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Elitebook 9480m restarts after coming out from sleep mode

Elitebook 9480m
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello All, 

I really hope someone can help me with my issue as i have tried calling HP support but i keep getting bounced around which is really disgusting. I have an Elitebook 9480m which i recently purchased. I noticed when i put the laptop to sleep it works fine BUT when i try to wake it up, it automatically reboots which is annoying. I need help on this. 

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Level 15
Level 15
9,087 8,982 733 3,303
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Elitebook 9480m restarts after coming out from sleep mode

Hello @Jerry0223

Welcome to the HP Support forum.  Thank you for posting.

Do you use Windows 7 on this HP Elitebook 9480m ?

If YES, please check the official HP article about such an issues you experience >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01853693

If you do not use Windows 7, please provide an update.

Basically, you may need to perform some adjustments  to settings AND ensure all your drivers are fully updated (check the HP website). Also, make sure all your software (including security software) is fully updated, running latest releases.

Your feedback and update is highly appreciated
*** Click on the button below to accept this advice as a solution if it helped you
*** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say thanks or give like 
index.png
HP Expert - volunteer - not employed by HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only. *** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional *** Location/timezone: Europe
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation