Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15t-as100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This morning I opened my laptop to begin work and realized that I had left it unplugged last night and that the battery was near dead. I retrieved the power cord, but the laptop shut down before I had a chance to plug it in. I plugged the laptop in, allowed it to charge for a few minutes and attempted to power it on. 

The fan began running but the LED power light did not come on and the computer did not boot up. I let the computer charge a few more minutes and tried again with the same result. I attempted a hard reset of the computer using the instructions on the HP website, but had no success. I followed the trouble shooting steps through an external monitor and trying to update the BIOS, but neither worked. The laptop would not even enter the BIOS update mode whether trying via Windows + B or repeatedly pressing F1, F2, F8, F10, F11, or ESC. 

The same issue has plagued this computer before but after several hours, the laptop just started working again. Unfortunately, this time it has been 12 hours and the computer is still not functional. My next steps are to try and open the laptop and reseat the battery and memory modules, but I'd rather not do this if I don't have to. Does anyone have any other ideas? Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DH5757, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that No power - turns off every few seconds(notebook): 

Let’s start with the below steps: 

Perform a hard reset (click here for details) 

If the computer still turns off every few seconds, try with an alternate adapter and/or remove the battery and try turning on the computer without the battery,  

Only connect the adapter and start. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the response! Unfortunately, I've tried multiple hard power resets and they have no effect. I opened the computer and disconnected the battery, trying to power it on only with the power adapter. I tried two power adapters, but neither worked. I reconnected the battery and tried both adapters again with no effect. 

HP Recommended

@DH5757

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.