Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I was playing on my laptop when it suddenly powered off and there was an orange light on the side of it, I tried to turn it back on and nothing is happening please help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

The orange light means that the laptop is charging.

If your laptop will not turn on, your power adapter might not be strong enough to run the laptop AND charge the battery. Let the machine charge to full battery and then try powering on the laptop.

If you have charged the battery (or the battery never charges to full power) and it won’t power on, you might have a bad battery. It could also be something else, such as a failure of another component on the motherboard. I would definitely check with HP Support, especially if this laptop is newer than a year or two. 

Or you can try some basic troubleshooting steps to see if your laptop can turn on again.

I hope my answer comes handy for you. 

HP Recommended

I did try to charge it again but the orange light didn’t come on so I’m pretty sure my charger is broke, I did manage to buy another one hopefully this works.

HP Recommended

Do keep me updated, thank you very much!

HP Recommended

So my charger just came in, I plugged it up and it’s still not turning on.

HP Recommended

Have you ever tried to remove the battery and hold the power button for 30 seconds and then turn it on? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.