cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
DonPakundo
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Envy NoteBook Bios Issue/Freeze/Too Long

HP Recommended
HP Envy 15-q207tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have random BIOS boot up issue. Sometimes it is fast as 3-10 seconds to select the startup drive to start windows, sometimes it stop and never boot up. I will say 95%  for too long or bios never boot(cant f10 bios setup either) and 5% to boot bios and everything is normal.

What I do as of the moment, is to restart ( press ctrl + alt + del ) if I dont see the BIOS boot up more than 10 seconds. If I dont do this, there is no guarantee that it will start the Windows. I tried to left it but never boot the windows, that is why I arrived on this work around.

At first, I thought the issue is with the memory or anything that I can troubleshoot, i just discovered it that I just need to restart( ctrl + alt + del) and randomly wait for BIOS to boot up. Right now, I dont let my hard drive to sleep, or else I need to do my work-around to start windows.

Already tried (Win key + B or Win key + V), but I dont see any update from bios + combination of my work-around. So I tried updating in Windows and it is updated to F.24.

Model: 15-q207tx

BIOS: F.24

WINDOWS 10 64-bit

Issue: Random issue in BIOS boot up 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation