Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

After 1 month trip my Envy is stuck on "power on password". I don't want to ask here for a code as I was informed that it's not legal to get it. However everyone suggests to contact with HP Support to prove that this is my laptop. I called HP in Poland and they told me.... they can't help me. After I ask if I can speak with supervisor he told me that I can only order motherboard replacement for $450. The computer was working JUST FINE before I went for that long trip. This solution is crazy. Get rid of 100% working mothermoard and order a new one in price of new laptop. "Eco"-friendly politcs. There is absolutely no problem at all to proof that I am the owner of machine - I do have invoice from online shop.

Can someone suggest what I can do in this situation? 

Of course I'm aware that the notebook is out of warranty now so I could be possibly charged for that. But come on = not for motherboard replacement!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@pies666

Second notice

Thank you for using HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.