Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When my HP Envy goes into sleep mode, it does not wake up. Mouse clicks do nothing, pressing the keyboard does nothing, and pressing the power button does nothing. The only way to turn it back on is to hold down the power button and restart the computer.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem, but maybe not the same.  My system doesn't hang EVERY time, just 1-2x/week.

Try installing a Chrome or Microsoft Remote Desktop app on your phone.  I discovered I could remote in and see the desktop -- the system wasn't entirely hung.  But it didn't respond very well to mouse clicks, and I never managed to successfully get it to do a clean shutdown.

Microsoft Remote Desktop requires Win10 Pro, or you won't have the RD server component.  Chrome's remote tool is probably your best bet, and I found it worked better than MS RD anyway.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.