10-06-2013 12:53 PM
I recently purchased a new HP Envy dv7-7250 for my wife, and am experiencing an inconsistent wifi connection. Turning the computer on and off solves the problem, but isn't something I really want to do every hour. I have other devices in the house that maintain a good connection, so I know it isn't the router. I've troubleshooted the issue online and have tried the following without success:
- Changed the power settings in Win8 to "maximum performance" to remediate Win8 shutting it off
- Checked and verified that the network adaptor firmware is up to date in device settings
Any other ideas as to how I can resolve this issue? I've never had a problem with WiFi before with any other computer.
P.S. This is definitely a PC issue, as I haven't had any problems with my Apple AE router...
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)