Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 6 (200 Views)

HP Envy i7 Core 12GB Ram would not turn on

Product Name: hp envy 15-q493cl
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Soooo I bought this beast laptop a few months ago,worled perfectly, and now it won't turn on for no reason. Tried everything including the hold the button trick and everything, but my lcd indicating that the laptop is charging doesn't even light up. My outlets are perfectly outputting power, so there is no issue there but laptop just sits there literally doing nothing.
0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 6 (167 Views)

Re: HP Envy i7 Core 12GB Ram would not turn on

Hi @dzmitry0103,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the computer no starting. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

Please look at the document for Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10).

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :)

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Top Student
Message 3 of 6 (134 Views)

It did not work, nothing. I still have a warranty on it. Can I get a replacement laptop because this is seriously slowing down my work that I can do. Have to relay on a tablet which is close to impossible. For somthing that cost me a grand this problem shouldn't happen within the first few months.
Retired
Message 4 of 6 (130 Views)

Hi @dzmitry0103,

Thank you for your reply. I understand that your notebook will not start and you are not seeing any LED lights to indicate that it is charging. When you connect the AC adapter to the power port, do you see a light there to indicate power? HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Using the AC Power Adapter. Do you hear the fan or hard drive spin? 

To say thanks for helping, please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

Top Student
Message 5 of 6 (128 Views)

No absolutely nothing. I tested the power chord and it gives off a charge just the laptop isn't doing anything
Retired
Message 6 of 6 (122 Views)

Hi @dzmitry0103,

Thank Your for the update.  As you have ruled out the AC adapter, it could be the power button board. You stated you have warranty. Please contact HP Support for service options. Contact HP Support  Fill out the online form and follow the prompts.  Please let me know the outcome.

To say thanks for helping, please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation