Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15 nonremovable battery
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop had no hardware damages on the outside and has been working fine. My problem is that every time it dies, it goes into sleep mode, or it shuts down, it will take 2-3 days to turn back on. What is weird to me is that the power light is white the whole time it is charging. I have tried multiple tasks such as hard resets and trying to hold the power button down for an extended amount of time. Since it is not a removeable battery, most tips and tricks I try to turn it on will not work.  When the computer did start back up, I did any updates (just a few) and tried to restart. Power light stayed on, but screen did not come back up. So, I held the power button to shut down. The computer will now not turn on again. Tried holding power button for minute, holding power and mute. No luck. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Joe731285 wrote:

.. Since it is not a removeable battery, most tips and tricks I try to turn it on will not work.

@Joe731285 

What is your machine ?  How old is it ? Please use the following way to find out the model/product of your machine

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks BH! I have a HP Envy notebook, Windows 10 Home OS, BIOS Version/Date Insyde F. 08, 5/20/2016. Reason I know that, was because I was going to try to update my UEFI, but fell short(internet suggestion). Seems to be working now, just pushed the start button and started, but I count on this computer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.