Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15m-dr0012dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After being stored in my backpack for a road trip, my laptop wouldn't boot, and wasnt showing a charging light. After trying to just let it charge for a while I noticed it was getting extremely hot, I immediately unplugged it, but of course, it's still not working. How can I fix it

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@EmilySpook 

I had an HP laptop that I left in my closet for a few weeks and then when I tried to boot it, it acted just like yours.  The battery was stone dead and the laptop would not boot, even with the charger connected.  I had to buy a replacement battery online, and although it arrived with only 40% charge, it was enough to get the PC up and running -- and once that happened, I was able to swap batteries and recharge the dead one.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Heres the thing, I was using it the night prior and it was working perfectly, and when I put it in my backpack it was 100% charged. Is it possible during the time it was in my backpack it could have taken some physical damage? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.