Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13 ar0802no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Upon hibernate the message "Encountered problem" occurs and the laptop re-starts.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Koch7100 

Hibernation uses a hidden file to store the system information so it can read that when waking up and restore your last session.  Sometimes this file gets corrupted and hibernation then fails.  What sometimes works is removing this file.  Windows will then create a  NEW file the next time you go into hibernation.

Follow these steps:

• Open the command prompt as Administrator.
  • Type the following command: powercfg -h off.
  • The hiberfil.sys hibernation file is now deleted.
  • Complete your tasks and enable hibernation by running the command powercfg -h on in the command prompt.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I tried your proposal without success.

Subsequently, I've reinstalled windows 10 and updated software both on windows update and HP Support Assistant. The problem remains, that the PC reboots instead of continuing the session.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.