docgreen81
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Evny x360 (m6-w103dx) won't boot, blank screen

HP Envy x360 (m6-w103dx)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy that will not boot.  It powers on and I can hear the fan & hard drive spinning, but nothing happens on the screen (no backlight, nothing).  There are no beep codes/blink codes, and I don't hear the hard drive clicking as if it were loading the OS.  The power seems to cycle after a few seconds, as if it were trying to boot but getting errors.

I've replaced the motherboard -  no change.

I've reseated the memory - no change.

I've triple-checked all connections on the motherboard - no change

I've tried the win+b trick to recover bios (even with a bios update on a flash drive) - no change.

I've tried connecting an external monitor - nothing.

The laptop wasn't dropped, and didn't receive any physical damage.  One day it worked, the next it didn't. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Level 10
4,161 4,159 563 1,274
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Evny x360 (m6-w103dx) won't boot, blank screen

According to the message you have recently posted I would like to confirm that this could be a hardware issue and I strongly recommend you to Contact HP Technical Support over the Phone for further assistance without any delay to get your Notebook diagnosed and serviced by an authorized HP Certified Engineer

You can also Check your warranty Here to verify the warranty status

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation