01-11-2014 07:24 PM - edited 01-11-2014 07:28 PM
So my, around December 30th my laptop froze after ending a skype call with a friend, and i couldn't exit any windows and my mouse would freeze, so I pressed the power button and tried to boot up, but to no avail. after performing start-up repair, chkdsk, a winsock reset, a system restore, and a disk defrag I was able to resume usage until Jan. 6th. same problems, yet this time nothing I had tried previously fixed the problem. I performed a factory reset and today, low and behold; same problem. I ran the run-in test as well as hard disk test via F2 and it's telling me my hard disk has failed. is this the end? I can't afford to lose this laptop...
For the record I am running:
HP G6 Notebook
AMD Athlon II P360 Dual-Core Processor, 2.29 GHz
64bit Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
01-11-2014 08:16 PM
Um, so yeah I guess it's decided to work again for the time being. I guess if this is going to be a recurring problem I'll post back here; or I'll just end up replacing this notebook - whichever comes first.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)