10-24-2010 10:09 AM
I just received my HP G62-35 last week. Several times it has gotten stuck at startup (the screen will go blank and remain there). What might be causing this problem?
The computer's specs are:
-Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
-Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor P6200 (2.13 GHz, 3MB L3 cache)
-512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 Graphics
-3GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
-320GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
10-25-2010 12:48 AM
Hi, try a hard reset first. Shutdown the notebook, remove all power sources (ac adapter, battery) Press and hold down the power button for 30 secs.Start the computer up. If it still stays on the blank screen, reboot the computer and hold down f10 as it starts. Once on bios, go to diagnostic then run primary hdd test. Most likely you have a failed hdd.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)