cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
LaSinHueso
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP HIDDEN ADVANCED MODE IN BIOS

HP Recommended
HP 15 ef1020la 15.6 AMD ryzen 7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm quite upset, I bought a hp for its brand and trust, from the factory I got 8gb of ram and I added 8gb more, both are at 3200 mhz, however the computer detects them at 2667.

I tried to enter advanced BIOS options and it turns out that it is not possible, if this is the case, I promise never to buy an HP again and I will do a lot of bad publicity.

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 20
Level 20
100,891 39,926 13,098 27,450
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@LaSinHueso 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/co-es/document/c07047367

It has  8 GB de SDRAM DDR4-2666 (1 x 8 GB). You can add/install higher speed RAM but it won't run past 2666(or 2667) MHz.

There is NO advanced BIOS on your machine to allow you overclock RAM.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation