Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Laptop 14
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

After purchasing a new HP Laptop 14fq0032dx and running through the initial setup, I decided to set the BIOS power on and Administrator passwords from within the BIOS utility. After setting the password, (I chose the same password for both password types) and saving and exiting the BIOS utility, the computer quickly rebooted and the prompt show m was shown for the new password input to start the system. However, the password that I had chose did not work. I tried all kinds of possible ‘typo’ password possibilities and versions of the password I chose for this option, but I’m still unable to provide the correct password and am at a loss… 

i know a little bit about computers, and recall there being a hard reset by removing the CMOS battery for 30 sec. to two minutes, but I’m not even certain that this new laptop construction implemented by hp with their latest PCs HAS a CMOS battery.

Please help me restore my computer and use my new HP Laptop PC!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.