Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
HPLaptop123 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laptop 15-ac029na (ENERGY STAR) not charging when in Windows

15-ac029na (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop only charges when switched off.  When switched off the orange light appears next to the charging socket, when switched on a white light appears but the device doesn't charge.  Additionally at bootup i get the error message - System Board (00A).

3 REPLIES
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@HPLaptop123,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Battery not charging and Error during boot. Is that right?

Thank you for sharing the issue details. I would like to help you.

The issue seems to be a corrupt BIOS issue which can be fixed by HP repair centers.

Use the link below to contact HP Phone support for warranty assistance.

http://hp.care/2bjG4nE

Hope this helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
HPLaptop123 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the email.
Are you able to advise how to to fix the corrupt bios issue I'm fairly techie so if you have a process I should be able to follow it. Otherwise I will try and contact you in the coming days when I'm at home during support hours.
Thanks Clifford
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 178 334
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@HPLaptop123,

I thank you for the reply.

Use the link below to refer and perform the update of BIOS on your PC.

http://hp.care/2eWaWfN

Hope it helps. Let me know for more.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation