t0mpee
5 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Laptop 15-aw094nr - Shuts off and overheating issues

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-aw094nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Originally, I started off on this computer with just tryring to fix Windows Updates. Windows 10 kept rolling back. So I wiped out the OS and tried to reinstall Windows and the laptop (HP Pavilion 15-aw094nr) started having overheating issues. I replaced the thermal paste and single fan unit inside the laptop. It still seemed to overheat. I flashed the BIOS to F.32 to see if it would help / solve the issue as I believe it is something in the BIOS; but cannot get into the BIOS settings either now. 

Is there a button I can push to get into the advanced settings to possibly down tune the voltage/heat issue I seem to be having? I have tried all different kinds of combinations to no avail. It seems HP has totally locked down this machine and will not allow the BIOS to be changed. Is my assumption correct? If so, I now have a $900 brick.

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,786 32,908 3,069 7,570
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@t0mpee 

Sorry but yes -- HP has locked out the Advanced BIOS settings.

HP also does not replace the BIOS chip on working PCs; you have to buy a whole new motherboard and pay to have that replaced.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
MarcusC
1,598 1,535 68 329
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

According to the Community's Rules of Participation:

4d. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to bypass or subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to bypass any safety measures.

Therefore, this topic is being locked. If you would like help resetting the password on your product, please Contact HP support in your region. 

Regards,

MarcusC

I work on behalf of HP.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation