cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Katie11111
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Laptop Gets Stuck on HP Logo after most recent windows update

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I have a Laptop from HP that I got from a pawn shop. Frankly, it isn't my main computer and I don't really know which kind of Laptop it is, just that it is HP. I've been not using it recently, but found a usage for it that required me to update it. It was about two windows 10 updates behind current. The updating was taking forever to go through, but once it was done (I had to update it through the update software built into windows and once it was done had to restart it for it to finish). When I restarted it through the windows option (I didnt hold the power button down), it did the update and started booting back up. But it's completely stuck on the HP loading screen. No circle indicating that it's loading, nothing. It's been like this overnight. This happened before and I didn't know what to do so I interrupted the boot by pressing the power button. When I turned it back on, it loaded but the Windows Update had been interrupted and I had to install it again. Now it's not booting up and I just want it to turn on and finish updating. It's so frustrating. 

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,852 24,531 3,146 7,839
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Katie11111 

OK, so what is the state of the laptop now?  Is it still stuck on showing only the HP logo?  Or can you get to a working desktop now? Or is it stuck looping in a windows update with something like an Automatic Repair screen?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation