Ta326
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laptop does not charge while on

Pavilion Model 14-al061nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently started having issue with my laptop. It only charges when it is turned off or it is in sleep mode. Usually when I charge the laptop the led indicator turns red and as soon as the battery is fully charged, the led turns white. However when I plug in the charger when the laptop is on, the led at first shows red and immediately goes to white and stop charging. As soon as I turned the laptop on, the led indicator turns white. I ran the component test from the startup I got this error code:

Battery Check: Primary Weak (31 ). Failure ID : Q34410-8AL9T3-MFPUQ1-C0CM03. I am not sure if this is the main reason why the battery does not charge while on. Does anyone know what is error code means ? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,751 5,738 426 464
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laptop does not charge while on

@Ta326, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The failure code indicates that it is a hardware failure. There could be an issue with the battery.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your PC.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation