Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-ak007tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Model: HP Pavillion 15 ak007tx

Original OS: FREE DOS

Current OS: Windows 10 64 bit

Problem: 

I tried to update the BIOS using this file:

Released:2016-07-05
File name: sp76335.exe
Version F.80

It gave me a Blue Screen of Death and the computer restarted. After restarting I only get a blank screen, the fan also does not turn on, there's no text and no way to access the BIOS nor the boot menu.

The Caps Lock led does not blink but the power button blinks every 2 seconds indefinitely,every time the light goes off a click sound is heard from my laptop. This, according to HP, suggests a BIOS Corruption Failure.

What I've tried:

I have removed the battery and tried to perform the hard reset procedure but that does not help.
The only progres that i have had is that i tried the windows logo+b button and now the blinking stops and the power button stays on that too indefinitely.
i have tried this method many times but to no avail. I also tried creating a usb bios recovery as mentioned by HP and tried the windows logo + B button combination but still nothing has happened.

I hold the windows logo + B, then turn on the computer. Nothing happens. I have tried holding them for different lengths of time, there's no beeps, no text on the screen, nothing.

Please help me out,What am I missing?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.