06-11-2019 11:13 AM
When turning on my Notebook, I get an error message that says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you." Then it switches to a blue screen and does nothing. What can I do?
06-13-2019 01:48 PM
Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,
Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?
Have you tried restoring the image using the HP recovery kit?
Are you able to access BIOS on your PC?
Please share the blue screen error on your PC to assist you better.
Let's try to run an extensive system test from F2 and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.
1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second.
When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
4. Click Extensive Test.
5. Click Run once, or Loop until error.
While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are
shown on the screen.
6. If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) so you have it
available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in
Test Logs on the main menu.
Let me know how it goes for further assistance.
That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee