Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
NOTEBOOK 15S
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi bought a Notebook 15S-DU0094TU recently (2 weeks back).

Initially the trackpad started giving issues (unable to click), when I thought of rebooting. But after hard rebooting via Power Button, the Notebook is unable to completely shutdown. It is stuck with fan noise coming and power and charger LED glowing. 

Any idea how to bring it out of this state. The screen is blanked and already tried long hold of power button (along with mute as well)?

Let me know, or else will wait for battery to drain and restart.

Thanks,

Sanjay

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SanjayR1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Power reset the notebook

Refer to this document to know how.

Update BIOS

Click here to download the latest version from the HP Support site.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

• Step 1: Go to your Device Manager. You can find this option by searching for "device manager" in Cortana, or by going through your PC Settings. Below is a complete step-by-step instruction with pictures.
  • Step 2: Scroll down and expand the option named "System Devices".
  • Step 3: Find the hardware named "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface".
  • Step 4: Right-click on it, and click "Properties".
  • Step 5: Go the tab named "Power Option".
  • Step 6: Finally, uncheck the option that allows the computer to save power.
  • Step 7: Click on OK, and try to shut down your PC as normal.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.