cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dna12-34
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Omen Laptop boots into flickering blue screen, then eventually forces me to reinstall windows

HP Recommended
Example: Omen 15in 1JE7OAV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product ID:1JE7OAV

What Happens:

Whenever the device is turned off or dormant for an extended period of time, it will boot up to a flickering screen. However, windows hello still functions and it seems as though I actually was logged in.
To get my device to a usable state, I have to force restart twice to boot into safe mode, and reinstall windows.
Additionally my laptop will turn off at 50% battery.

What I have tried so far:

Changed my advanced power plan settings

ran the HP hardware diagnostic

tried system restore instead of reinstalling windows

updated the BIOS, made sure the laptop is fully updated.

I don’t think this is a battery issue, because it still happens even when I leave the device plugged in all the time. I feel like it is some weird display software issue, because it seems as though the laptop is taking inputs and working despite the screen flickering then going black. The screen will flicker when I ctrl alt delete after “logging in”, and has flickered in different colors, mostly gray. When I boot it into safe mode and reinstall windows, the display works normally.

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,127 1,958 2,604
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Dna12-34

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer booting into a flickering blue screen.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

When was the last time the computer was working fine?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the graphics driver from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-15-ce000-laptop-pc-series/15551437/model...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation