Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

About 3 weeks ago the case fan went out in my HP omen 15 laptop. On bootup it displayed a warning that one of the fans was malfunctioning so I aborted the boot sequence. The warranty has already expired so I just ordered a replacement fan online. I have verified that it was the correct fan.

I put the laptop into the original box it came in and put it in a safe place since it was going to take awhile to arrive.

It finally arrived today and I installed it, however now the laptop will not power on. I was extremely careful about making sure it was powered off, touching nothing but the screws, using appropriate tools to remove the case and screws etc.

The AC adapter light comes on solid orange when I plug it in. When I press or hold the power button down nothing happens at all, no lights or beeps or fans coming on. I held the power button for 60 seconds and tried again, nothing.

I tried removing the battery and the AC adapter and holding the power button for 60 seconds, I tried with the battery in and the power cable out, battery out and power cable in, and nothing has changed. 

I can't test the AC adapter's voltage currently, but will be able to do so in a few days when I go in to work. 

Currently I have the laptop charging, will try again once the battery has fully charged.

Desperately hoping someone can help me, since this is the nicest PC I have ever had and I can't afford to replace it. If this does require servicing, is this something HP would do, and will they charge so much I may as well not?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The battery has now fully charged, the AC adapter light is now solid white when plugged in. It still will not power on.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.