Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Omen, about 5 months old with ~10 hours use.  Was converting an mpg2  in Power Director when it stopped and I got a blue screen.  I didn't make note of the error, but it said it would restart after collecting data.  It didn't.  Now all I get is the red LED on the power button flashing.  Steady flash, about one second at 5 second intervals.  Battery is fully charged and power supply plugged in.  No other indications on the laptop.  I tried the reset holding down the pwr button.  I tried the reset holding down the windows and B buttons.  I tried the bios on a flashdrive.  None had any effect.  This machine has only been on the internet as much as required at initialization when new in an effort to keep it clean.  It's used strictly for photo and video editing.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

And BTW, the tech support phone number given in the Virtual Agent is some emergency medical sales outfit.  I've gone round and round trying to get a valid number for tech support.

HP Recommended

Sounds like some type of hardware failure even though it is only 5 months old. I would contact HP for warranty service:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

What model Omen is it out of interest ?

15 inch with an Nvidia 1050 TI ?

HP Recommended

Cheryl, I've tried that.  The tech support number given for the US connects me to some medical sales outfit.  I checked and rechecked the number, called again, and got the same outfit.  I emailed the head of tech support in India and his response was to call that same number.  Someone trying to sell me some medical alert device isn't going to solve my problem.  I looked for an authorized HP service center.  HP says there's one about 30 miles from me, called UBREAKIFIX.  That business name scares the hell out of me.  

HP Recommended

Sunny, it's a 15" with Intel i7-8750H processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics.  256GB SSD and 1TB HD.  16GB RAM.

HP Recommended

ok, y'all.  Problem solved (almost).  The phone number HP provides on the website for tech services in the US, 1-800-258-7170, gets you a never ending stream of advertising for a variety of products/services not related to HP computers.  It's a bogus number.  And an email to the head of tech services will only provide that same number.  Google to the rescue!  A Google search turned up several numbers.  I called 1-800-474-6836 and actually got HP tech services!  I'll be shipping this thing back to HP for repair/replacement.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.