1FIREMAN2016
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP PAVILION VD7-4177NR WILL NOT BOOT UP

HP PAVILION VD7-4177NR
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

WILL NOT BOOT UP.  CAP LOCK LITE FLAHSED ONCE( A SIGN OF HARD DRIVE FAILURE.  HAVE TRIED HARD RESET,  PULLED HARD DRIVE OUT AND RECONNECTED.  WONDERING IF THE DVD RECOVERY SET WILL ALLOW ME TO BOOT FROM THE DISK DRIVE AND ATTEMPT TO RECOVER DATA AND PROGRAMS FROM THE HARD DRIVE.

5 REPLIES 5
Level 9
Level 9
1,966 1,956 301 584
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

If the LED blinks one time, then its a CPU failure. Please check the below link for more information.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv7-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/4247665/model/5...

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
, I am speaking for myself and not for HP and I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,631 21,586 1,825 2,916
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Pleas refer to the below document:

http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01732674

it contains the details of the capslock codings and what it means.

i recommend contacting HP on 1800-474-6836 so that they may get your pc repaired as it seems to be a CPU failure.

you should be able to perform a data back up using your hdd with an alternate pc via sata to usb converter purchased at any local store.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Level 4 vj190425
Level 4
153 153 5 6
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Customer ,

1.please try getting into bios to perform HDD complete check.

2.if hdd test passes try performing recovery from the partition provided.

3.if nothing works out please contact HP REP to order recovery media for the notebook

In case the solution provided was resourceful and successful,please do not forget to give it thumps up Kudos!!!

Regards

Vijay Sharma

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

Regards,
Vijay
0 Kudos
1FIREMAN2016
3 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HAVE TRIED TO GET BIOS TO STARTUP USING F2 KEY WHEN STARTING . THAT HAS NOT WORKED.  WHAT ELSE CAN I TRY?

0 Kudos
Level 9
Level 9
1,966 1,956 301 584
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Since the LED is blinking once on your unit its a CPU failure. To get this issue resolved you have to contact The HP Support, since the part would need to be replaced.

Notebook CPU is not functional

The computer processor has stopped functioning properly (Blink code 1). Contact HP for assistance.
Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
, I am speaking for myself and not for HP and I am not an HP Employee.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation