Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP PAVILLION X 2 DETACHABLE SCREEN WON'T COME ON

HP PAVILLION X2 DETACHABLE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Pavillion x2 Detachable has locked up, I have pressed and helded down the power button a good few time and there is still nothing on screen.  There is a white light at the side of the screen where the charger goes in, i left the machine on charge and pressed the power button to turn the screen off and when I went back to it, the screen is dead.

1 REPLY 1
Retired
Retired
8121 8112 483 918
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP PAVILLION X 2 DETACHABLE SCREEN WON'T COME ON

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post @elson13

I understand that you are facing an issue with your computer not booting to the desktop or giving any display. Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

When you try the turn the computer ON, does the light on the power cord port blink in any sequence?

Recommend you to perform a hard reset on the computer. 

Disconnect the power adapter and any external devices connected to your computer. 

Hold down the power button for 10-15 seconds. 

Turn the computer On. 

If the computer still does not boot up.

Please perform a hard reset again. 

Connect the power adapter. 

While holding down Win + B turn the computer ON. Some models you need to use Win + V.

This would rollback the BIOS on your computer. 

Please refer to this article for other troubleshooting steps. 

Also, refer HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code

If the issue persists, please contact our phone support for the service options available. 

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation