Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP PRO X2 410 G1 screen stays Black and Caps Lock light blinking

HP Pro X2 410 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have HP Pro X2 410 G1 and when pushing the ON/OFF Button,it vibrates as it would be,and instead of turning on the display and displaying the HP logo and so on,it keeps the display black with no led (like it is when the tablet is turned off) and starts blinking white light on CAPS LOCK button,it blinks 1 time,after 3-4 second once more time,after 3-4 second once more time and continues doing so until I turn the tablet off. I turn it off by holding the ON/OFF button for several seconds,and it turns off as usually does when everything is ok (a light is blinking 1 time on the lower middle of the screen ribs and the power goes off) .So I think it actually turns on,but the screen is not showing anything and the system realizes that something is wrong and gives me alert with that blinking on CAPS LOCK button ...

I have removed the touchscreen and using the tablet with its HP Pavillion x2 dock station as a notebook.The screen is moving, because the touchscreen must have been fastened to it, but I have removed the touchscreen and only the screen is left.

there are times that it turns on normally,but for about 70-80% situations it gives the problem above

PLEASE HELP ME TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM

4 REPLIES 4
Teacher
Teacher
81 79 2 5
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

If you boot the tablet, how many times you see caps lock blinking?
Is the blinking every 3seconds for more than 10 times?
If it is blinking 3 times max, then it could be a memory issue.

Hope to hear from you.
0 Kudos
Artaaak Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

if it starts normally,CAPS LOCK blinks 2 times and shows the HP logo and starts everything normally,but if it won't start CAPS LOCK blinks endless,until I turn it off by pushing ON/OFF button

0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher
81 79 2 5
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

2 caps blinks could mean that your bios is corrupt...
You can recover to the original installed version according to HP site.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

“If a BIOS corruption error occurs, you may not even notice the blink codes, because as soon as the computer recognizes the error, it restarts, attempts to recover the BIOS, and then restarts again. You might notice an extra-long startup process as a result, and a message indicating that the BIOS has been recovered may display on startup. If this occurs, update the BIOS on the computer. For more information, see Updating the BIOS.
If the computer does not automatically recover the BIOS, manually perform a BIOS recovery by following these steps:
Turn off the computer.
Plug the notebook into power using the power adapter.
While the computer is still off:
Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold down the Power button on the notebook for one second.
Release the Power button and the keys.
By following these steps the BIOS will reach the EFI partition in order to recover the BIOS to the last known good version of the BIOS from the hard drive.
For information on how to restore the BIOS refer to the HP support document: HP Notebook PCs - Restoring the BIOS.”
0 Kudos
Artaaak Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

you think its bios corruption?

there are times that it boots up normally,but also in most cases that trouble takes place...while switching it on,I keeppressing the middle lower of the back of the tablet and turn it on,and itturns on normally,but without it,the tablet gives enless caps lock light blinks and black screen

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation