Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My niece has the laptop. It failed to boot so I was remotely helping her try to do a reset. It failed to boot after trying to save user files, so we tried again with wipe all files. It ran for a while, then rebooted, the hp logo appears, then goes away, then re-appears over and over and over. From my vantage point, it is in a POST loop, but it may just be flashing the logo repeatedly. Any advice if there is a way to try and force another factory reset from this state? Or anything else I can try remotely? Thanks in advance...

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Are you tried the reset option or installed clean windows? 

HP Recommended

it was the reset that led to its current state. HP doesn't ship windows with the laptop, I need it to boot and reinstall, but cant get past the current POST LOOP.

HP Recommended

You must find another PC to create bootable disk

HP Recommended

The laptop is in Oklahoma, and I'm not. My niece has a disability and it will be difficult to walk her through that. I'm well aware of multiple ways to try reinstalling an OS.  What I'm trying to find out is if there is some power button or key combo that will force it to try a factory reset again so I don't have to use an external rescue disk. If that's my only resort I am well versed in re-installs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.