Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@jrbell4 wrote:

With this many issues with the BIOS updates, they should remove it from their website to prevent any other person from downloading it.

They did remove the problem version F.45 eventually.

@jrbell4 wrote:

Second, anyone that had their machine become unusable due to the update should have it fixed at no cost.

That would be nice, but unfortunately it's not how they are handling it. If your laptop is under warranty, then you can contact support and they will fix it. But if you are out of warranty, then they won't help. They don't even allow you to contact support if you are out of warranty (in the US at least), which is terrible.

HP Recommended

So... After a full month I've got my laptop back from service centre. Mainboard has been replaced. New one came with the latest F.46 bios and is working fine.

HP Recommended

@Spocko wrote:

@jrbell4 wrote:

With this many issues with the BIOS updates, they should remove it from their website to prevent any other person from downloading it.

They did remove the problem version F.45 eventually.

@jrbell4 wrote:

Second, anyone that had their machine become unusable due to the update should have it fixed at no cost.

That would be nice, but it's not how they are handling it. If your laptop is under warranty, then you can contact support and they will fix it. But if you are out of warranty, then too bad. They don't even allow you to contact support, which is pretty frustrating.

I am not referencing version F.45 though. This is F.46 having these problems.

Second, as I mentioned earlier customers should not have to pay for support when the product is defective. Warranty or not, HP should take the responsibility of fixing it. There should be a method of contacting support to get this fixed, because if all these people are having these issues and they are not addressing it, what's the point of patronizing HP?

HP Recommended

I had a talk with HP Support on the phone and they said that it didn't work on my PC on opening up the software but it worked totally fine with them, I'm super confused. My main worry is that if they release a new bios update after I got my laptop fixed and then it gets bricked again.

HP Recommended

That's at least some stress relieving news because I just sent my laptop in today and they said it would take a maximum of 8 days but I don't know how yours came back super late.

HP Recommended

I had contact with support by phone call and they help me to reinstall the same Bios version. Did not work!

HP Recommended

Yeah me too, they tried to install it via my usb and that didn't work so they took my laptop to fix it

HP Recommended

HP has fixed my laptop and they gave it back today and for some reason the laptop that had the bios issue before works with the updater which is weird. If anyone want's it, I will leave a download link where you can use the files to make your laptop work again (hopefully)

HP Recommended

Here is the BIOS files that should work for HP laptop's that have a AMD Ryzen CPU. Here are the steps on how to use it:

1. Plug in a usb more than 8gb

2. Format the drive to FAT32

3. Extract the file below and go inside the "HP Bios Folder" and drag and drop everything inside that folder on to the usb

4. Power up your HP Laptop

5. Follow the on screen instructions (If there are any) and then your done.

Notes: This has more of a chance on working on laptop's which were manufactured in 2019 and this BIOS version is F.46 which may not work as the HP repair person had to change my mainboard for it to work but this is always not the chance as there are some people which report that it does work so try it and if it doesn't work, don't complain to me because I'm not the person that made the bios files, HP did.

Download Link to BIOS File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/prsqr8afwcvzh2d/HP%20Bios%20Folder.zip?dl=0

HP Recommended

Could you add the links, please 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.